Hello again lovers of LIVE MUSIC!
Isle be Jammin’ Performer’s Showcase presents An Evening with
Joanne Rand (Singer-songwriter)
Celebrating her 13th CD Release “Stories from the Inside Out”
Artist: Joanne Rand
Date of event: Thursday, May 2, 7PM 2013
Venue: 310B Spring St., Friday Harbor Wa
Contact: Joanne 707-672-5829 / Kirk 360 378 5151
Dubbed “Psychedelic-Folk-Revival,” Singer-songwriter Joanne Rand comes to Friday Harbor for a Concert celebrating the release of her 2013 CD. Presented by Isle be Jammin’ Performer’s Showcase, the concert is Thursday, May 2 at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $10 at the door
(310B Spring St., Friday Harbor Wa). For more information call Kirk: 360-378-5151. The show celebrates Rand’s 13th CD, “Stories from the Inside Out, The Nashville Sessions.”
Touring nationally for a quarter of a century, Joanne Rand “continues to push the art pedal to the floor,” releasing her 13th CD, “The Nashville Sessions,” a mix of songs recorded during her 2012 guitar apprenticeship in the U.S. music capital. Rand (a Southerner) has appeared with the likes of Bonnie Raitt, Bob Weir, John Hartford, and recently earned a BFA in Music Composition. Rand’s 2010 CD release was submitted for Grammy nomination by San Francisco Recording Academy’s President. You can’t keep this woman down, her last four CDs (of original songs) were released in the past four consecutive years and in 2012 she toured from border to border in the U.S.
Accolades for Rand
“Whatever muse inspires Rand only seems to grow stronger with time” – Eugene Weekly.
“Nothing short of brilliant” –Santa Rosa, CA Press Democrat.
“Grab an umbrella…soak in a true talent.”-Weekly Volcano, Olympia, WA, 2012.
“Excellent voice – spot on arrangement” – Solent Records, U.K.
“Best Acoustic Band” –N. Bay Bohemian Readers Poll (Sonoma County, CA)
New Music Classes this Spring/Summer
Whether you want to pick up an instrument for the first time in your life, or have been playing for years and are just in a creative rut, we have the class for you.
· Beginning Ukulele: No experience necessary…instruments available. Join the throngs of ukers on SJI. You’ll be ready for the campfire jams this summer!!!
· Intermediate Ukulele: Know some chords and strums? This is for you!!!! More complex arrangements of tunes and some fancy pickin’ and great sounding chords!
· Beginning Guitar: for folks who have longed to play…maybe tried before…we’ll get you going for sure!
· Intermediate Guitar: Ready for a challenge? We will stretch the envelope…lots of individual attention. Some theory, lots of playing in class.
· Beginning Mandolin… demystifying the 8 string wonder!!!!! Learn Irish, old timey, folk melodies and chords on this friendly little instrument.
· Jammin’!!!!! Learning to play with others: This class welcomes all types of instruments and folks yearning to play and share music with others….for people who have some experience playing, most likely solo. You will learn tons about group playing…be it duets, trios, quartets or bands. Be ready to laugh a lot!
Call 378 5151 for times & details.
Our mission revolves around one basic premise…
“Everyone has a song to sing, everyone has music to make!”. It is our desire to assist anyone and everyone in sharing their musical talent. By providing new and vintage musical instruments for sale, accessories galore, lessons, repairs, coaching, a place to jam, a performance space and a place to disseminate musical information and energy…we are Music Central: a comfortable place where people of all ages can have a vast array of musical needs met. “A place to play…”
We also home to a wonderful Woodworking and Wood Craft Gallery. Several of the Island’s finest woodworkers have items on display and for sale.
San Juan Island is a vacationers Paradise nestled in the Great Salish Sea 90 miles north of Seattle. Served by the Washington State ferry System, the island attracts musicians, artists, actors, organic gardeners and creative people of all kinds.
There are more musicians per capita living and playing on this and and the other islands in the archipelago than in most any where in the world.
It is a wonderful place to live if you enjoy natures beauty, a gentle pace and fine people. Please be sure and stop by and share your music with us!
PLAYS THE RUMOR MILL often for Roma and Gypsy music fun and frolic! Great Food and Drink as always!
Make sure to click on any image to get a better view!