Hello again lovers of LIVE MUSIC!
THE MUSIC CIRCLE
Thursdays 7-9pm at Isle be Jammin’ Music Store in Friday Harbor.
Musicians, singers, songwriters, poets gather to share new works, old favorites and sing-a-longs in a supportive and interested Circle. Meet new players, share ideas, collaborate and enjoy the amazing talent in attendance.
LISTENERS Welcome. Donations accepted. 378 5151 for details.
New Music Classes this Spring/Summer
Whether you want to pick up an instrument for the first time in your life, or have been playing for years and are just in a creative rut, we have the class for you.
· Beginning Ukulele: No experience necessary…instruments available. Join the throngs of ukers on SJI. You’ll be ready for the campfire jams this summer!!!
· Intermediate Ukulele: Know some chords and strums? This is for you!!!! More complex arrangements of tunes and some fancy pickin’ and great sounding chords!
· Beginning Guitar: for folks who have longed to play…maybe tried before…we’ll get you going for sure!
· Intermediate Guitar: Ready for a challenge? We will stretch the envelope…lots of individual attention. Some theory, lots of playing in class.
· Beginning Mandolin… demystifying the 8 string wonder!!!!! Learn Irish, old timey, folk melodies and chords on this friendly little instrument.
· Jammin’!!!!! Learning to play with others: This class welcomes all types of instruments and folks yearning to play and share music with others….for people who have some experience playing, most likely solo. You will learn tons about group playing…be it duets, trios, quartets or bands. Be ready to laugh a lot!
Call 378 5151 for times & details.
Our mission revolves around one basic premise…
“Everyone has a song to sing, everyone has music to make!”. It is our desire to assist anyone and everyone in sharing their musical talent. By providing new and vintage musical instruments for sale, accessories galore, lessons, repairs, coaching, a place to jam, a performance space and a place to disseminate musical information and energy…we are Music Central: a comfortable place where people of all ages can have a vast array of musical needs met. “A place to play…”
We also home to a wonderful Woodworking and Wood Craft Gallery. Several of the Island’s finest woodworkers have items on display and for sale.
San Juan Island is a vacationers Paradise nestled in the Great Salish Sea 90 miles north of Seattle. Served by the Washington State ferry System, the island attracts musicians, artists, actors, organic gardeners and creative people of all kinds.
There are more musicians per capita living and playing on this and and the other islands in the archipelago than in most any where in the world.
It is a wonderful place to live if you enjoy natures beauty, a gentle pace and fine people. Please be sure and stop by and share your music with us!
PLAYS THE RUMOR MILL often for Roma and Gypsy music fun and frolic! Great Food and Drink as always!
Make sure to click on any image to get a better view!